This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Bowman
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Health Services and Indigenous Health (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Health Services and Indigenous Health (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Entered House of Representatives on 9 October 2004 — General election
- Email me whenever Andrew Laming speaks (no more than once per day)
- Adjournment: Bowman Electorate: Redlands (19 Mar 2013)
“I will say a few words at this late hour in this great chamber about the people of Bowman and the city of Redlands—a city of 130,000 people who live in outer metropolitan Brisbane on that wonderful Moreton Bay fringe framed by North Stradbroke Island and hugged by a koala corridor; a city settled in the mid-1800s by German, English and Irish families who set up a market garden that...”
- Bills: Migration Amendment (Reinstatement of Temporary Protection Visas) Bill 2013; Second Reading (18 Mar 2013)
“Tonight is an opportunity for dispassionate debate about a very sensitive issue and I acknowledge the strong feelings held by members on the other side of this chamber, one of whom has just spoken. I recognise his strong feelings on this issue, but the debate around temporary protection visas is one for which we do have to peel away the emotive and look at the essence of the debate. Yes, he...”
- Ministerial Statements: Closing the Gap (13 Mar 2013)
“This nation's effort to close the gap is probably one of the truly important pursuits that unite both sides of this chamber—and of course chambers all around this great country, with state jurisdictions doing great work as well. I want to make an observation about where Closing the Gap is heading. We have heard a lot about the extra investment in Closing the Gap, but there is still not...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 23 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Andrew Laming speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)