This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Chisholm
- Changed party from Speaker on 5 Aug 2013; from Deputy-Speaker on 9 Oct 2012; from Australian Labor Party on 11 Feb 2008
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks (no more than once per day)
- Private Members' Business: South Sea Islanders (1 Sep 2014)
“I also rise to speak on the motion, acknowledging the 20th anniversary of the Australian government's recognition of Australian-born South Sea islanders as a distinct ethnic group in Australia. I commend the member for Dawson for bringing the motion before the House. I also recognise the member for Hinkler and the constituents from his electorate who have made the long journey to...”
- Motions: Boer War (1 Sep 2014)
“I move: That this House acknowledges: (1) that as we approach the Centenary of ANZAC we also reflect on the forgotten war in which Australians first participated—the Boer War; (2) that as a parliament and parliamentarians we remember the beginning of Australian military history in which more than 23,000 Australian men and women put on uniforms to fight in South Africa and that about...”
- Statements by Members: Higher Education (28 Aug 2014)
“More than 50,000 students call my electorate home at the Monash University campus in Clayton and Deakin University campus in Burwood—50,000 students who have been lied to by this Prime Minister. Before the election he said that there would be no cuts to education. Before the election the Minister for Education said they were not going to raise university fees. Both of these promises...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 35 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 520 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)