This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Chisholm
- Changed party from Speaker on 5 Aug 2013; from Deputy-Speaker on 9 Oct 2012; from Australian Labor Party on 11 Feb 2008
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks (no more than once per day)
- Adjournment: Research Funding (30 Sep 2014)
“I recently visited the CSIRO Clayton campus in my electorate of Chisholm. I have been there many times over the past 16 years but with each visit, briefing and demonstration from the leading scientists and researchers there, I manage to always come away more impressed and more amazed at the level of innovation and advancement being achieved. Sadly though, this visit was marred by the severe...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (25 Sep 2014)
“I want to weep at the contribution from the member for They will be the first generation that we leave worse off than previous generations. That is what we are giving to our children. We are giving them less in environment, less in the economy, less in education and less in health. You talk about a better tomorrow. You should hang your head in shame. This Abbott government is full of broken...”
- Bills: Higher Education and Research Reform Amendment Bill 2014; Consideration in Detail (4 Sep 2014)
“Like almost everything the Abbott government has done in its first year, the changes proposed to our higher education system in this bill, the Higher Education and Research Reform Bill 2014, are more about achieving the government's ideological agenda than simply finding savings. This legislation proposes a radical shift in the way our universities and higher education institutions are funded...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 524 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)