This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Chisholm
- Changed party from Speaker on 5 Aug 2013; from Deputy-Speaker on 9 Oct 2012; from Australian Labor Party on 11 Feb 2008
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks (no more than once per day)
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (30 Oct 2014)
“I am very pleased to be speaking on this MPI today, because I cannot even begin to count the number of times I have said, 'I don't want to be part of the first generation in history that leaves our planet and environment in a worse state for our children than when we found it.' But sadly, this government is determined to make sure that I am part of the first generation to leave our next...”
- Adjournment: Chisholm Electorate: Ashwood Reserve (30 Oct 2014)
“If you are going to run for any level of government, be it state, local or federal, you should have some connectivity with the community you are seeking to represent. If you do not, you should at least get to know them. It is with a feeling of great tragedy, almost comedy, that I rise today to speak about Ashwood Reserve in my electorate. I am not going to have a go at the Liberal candidate...”
- Statements by Members: Chisholm Electorate: Patronato Office (29 Oct 2014)
“Today I have been contacted by the Patronato office in Oakleigh, in my electorate, by Sebastian Rustica, who has been doing an amazing job since 1980. Patronato provides free advice on Italian social security matters to members of the Italian community and is supported by the Italian government. The Patronato office in Oakleigh has been assisting the Italian community with queries around...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 1 comment on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Anna Burke speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 534 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)