This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Dunkley
- Shadow Minister for Small Business, Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Minister for Small Business, Competition Policy and Consumer Affairs (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 March 1996 — General election
- Email me whenever Bruce Billson speaks (no more than once per day)
- Adjournment: Small Business (18 Jun 2013)
“The exciting news is that the Socceroos are off to Brazil. They had a 1-0 win tonight against Iraq, and, rightly, the team will be recognised as national heroes. Our nation will get behind that team and support them. They will take on the world with our best wishes and our support. What will not be celebrated tonight, but should be celebrated every day, are our national heroes: the small...”
- Private Members' Business: National Business Names Register (17 Jun 2013)
“I hope my motion spurs the government to greater activity in relation to the National Business Names Register. The motion urges the House to note that the National Business Names register has been in operation since 28 May 2012. It urges the House to note that the Gillard government has failed to act to fix implementation problems with the National Business Names Register, which has left the...”
- Questions without Notice: Employment (17 Jun 2013)
“My question is to the Treasurer. I remind the Treasurer of his promise from 18 May 2011 when he said, 'We are going to see the creation of 500,000 new jobs over the next two years'. Will the Treasurer confirm that Labor has fallen so far short of this promise that 237,000 new jobs would need to be created in the single month of June to prevent this becoming yet another Labor broken promise?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 67 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 20 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Bruce Billson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 400 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)