This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- National Party Representative for Gippsland
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Roads and Regional Transport (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Roads and Regional Transport (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Entered House of Representatives on 28 June 2008 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Darren Chester speaks (no more than once per day)
- Motions: Forced Adoption (15 May 2013)
“It is with a heavy heart that I rise to join the previous speakers to speak on this motion in relation to the national apology on forced adoptions and, on behalf of the people of Gippsland, get our voice to the people affected by the forced adoption policies of the past. In doing so, I do not intend to quote the entire apology, but I think it is worthwhile to quote a couple of the extracts. I...”
- Petitions: Petition: Mobile Phone Coverage (15 May 2013)
“I rise to table a petition which has been found to be in order by the Petitions Committee. The petition read as follows— TO THE HONOURABLE THE SPEAKER AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES This petition of citizens of Australia, draws to the attention of the House inadequate mobile phone coverage at Lake Tyers Beach. The lack of coverage compromises the safety of beachgoers and...”
- Statements by Members: Victorian Junior Lifesaving Championships (21 Mar 2013)
“I rise—and I am sure it is on behalf of members of both sides of the chamber—to wish the competitors well for this weekend's Victorian Junior Lifesaving Championships, being held in Lorne. Somewhere in excess of 1,000 junior surf lifesavers, or nippers, as we call them, will be competing in Lorne this weekend. From my own perspective, from the seat of Gippsland, we will have...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 5 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 22 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Darren Chester speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 301 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)