This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Senator for NSW
- Former Australian Labor Party Representative for Robertson
- Entered the Senate on 13 November 2013
- Previously Representative for Robertson until 7 September 2013
- Entered House of Representatives on 21 August 2010 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Deborah O'Neill speaks (no more than once per day)
- Adjournment: University of Newcastle Central Coast Campus (29 Oct 2014)
“I rise in the shadow of many conversations of the last week—since the passing of the great Gough Whitlam—to speak to 'something little that has grown'. We have the image of Vincent Lingiari and the song by Paul Kelly that tells of little things that grow. A little education can be a great thing from which many great things can grow. From small beginnings, when just 89 students...”
- Addresses by World Leaders: Prime Minister for the Republic of India (29 Oct 2014)
“Messages have been received from the House of Representatives inviting senators to attend meetings of the House for addresses by the Rt Hon. David Cameron MP, Prime Minister the United Kingdom; His Excellency Mr Xi Jinping, President of the People's Republic of China; and the Hon. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of the Republic of India. Copies of the message have been circulated in the chamber.”
- Committees: Membership (29 Oct 2014)
“Order! The President has received letters from party leaders requesting changes in the membership of various committees.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 102 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 18 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Deborah O'Neill speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 211 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 49 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)
Register of Interests (What's this?)
Deborah O'Neill's latest interest statement from Australian Parliament HouseLast updated: 12 Jun 2014