This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Scullin
- Changed party from Speaker on 24 Nov 2011; from Australian Labor Party on 11 Feb 2008; from Deputy-Speaker on 29 Jan 1996; from Australian Labor Party on 4 May 1993
- Entered House of Representatives on 8 February 1986 — Byelection
- Email me whenever Harry Jenkins speaks (no more than once per day)
- Private Members' Business: Bowel Cancer (17 Jun 2013)
“I rise to support this motion brought before the House by the member for Shortland. If we look at the motion, it demonstrates that we in this place can play a leadership role. It recognises that bowel cancer can develop without any early warning signs. It indicates that, if a bowel cancer is detected before it spreads beyond the bowel, there is a 90 per cent chance of the patient surviving...”
- Bills: Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2013-2014; Consideration in Detail (6 Jun 2013)
“Mr Deputy Speaker McClelland, thank you for giving me the call. I hope this does not get me into too much strife, but I want to make four points very quickly. Firstly, I want pay homage to this building on the 25th anniversary of its opening. I think it has been one of the great buildings of Australia. It is not the members' and senators' building; it is the building of the people of...”
- Committees: Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights; Report (5 Jun 2013)
“On behalf of the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights I present the committee's Seventh Report of 2013 entitled Examination of legislation in accordance with the Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) Act 2011—Bills introduced 14-16 May 2013—Legislative instruments registered with the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments 20 April-17 May 2013, and I ask leave of the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 40 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 9 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 9 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Harry Jenkins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 977 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)