This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Blaxland
- Cabinet Secretary (since 4 Feb 2013)
Minister for Home Affairs (since 14 Dec 2011)
Minister for Justice (since 14 Dec 2011)
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — General election
- Email me whenever Jason Clare speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: Customs and AusCheck Legislation Amendment (Organised Crime and Other Measures) Bill 2013; Third Reading (15 May 2013)
“by leave—I move: That this bill be now read a third time. Question agreed to. Bill read a third time.”
- Bills: Customs and AusCheck Legislation Amendment (Organised Crime and Other Measures) Bill 2013; Second Reading (15 May 2013)
“In July 2010 the government established Task Force Polaris—a joint law enforcement task force targeting organised crime on the waterfront and in the cargo supply chain in Sydney. This task force, as the shadow minister has just mentioned, has been very successful: it has now made 39 arrests, laid 190 charges and seized over 12 tonnes of illicit substances and precursor chemicals. Last...”
- Matters of Public Importance: Asylum Seekers (14 May 2013)
“We had this debate late last year just before Christmas, and at that time I told the House of my fears and concerns about more people dying over the Christmas period. Unfortunately, all of my fears have been well founded. On 25 January this year, Customs intercepted a boat 17 nautical miles off Christmas Island that was carrying 15 people. The people on board reported that four men had left...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 2 comments on this Representative's speeches — average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Jason Clare speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)