This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Jagajaga
- Minister for Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (since 14 Dec 2011)
Minister for Disability Reform (since 14 Dec 2011)
- Entered House of Representatives on 2 March 1996 — General election
- Email me whenever Jenny Macklin speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Families (18 Jun 2013)
“I thank the member for McEwen very much for that question. He represents an area with a lot of young families and does a great job in it. He understands, like everybody on this side of the parliament, that Australians face a very, very clear choice between a government that will do everything possible to support families and those opposite who just want to cut to the bone. We of course are...”
- Statements on Indulgence: Yunupingu, Dr M (17 Jun 2013)
“The Yolngu people of north-east Arnhem Land have lost a great leader. A wife lost a husband and six daughters lost their father. Australia lost a towering figure of contemporary music, culture and politics, and a great advocate for justice for Indigenous Australians right across the country. We lost a great teacher, who shared his wisdom not only with the students at Yirrkala Community School...”
- Bills: Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2013-2014; Consideration in Detail (4 Jun 2013)
“I thank the member for Mayo for his questions. As I am sure he is aware, I am a supporter of income management and I have to say I have pursued it with some policy vigour in many parts of Australia. The area that is relevant to this year's budget is the continuation and expansion of income management in Western Australia, where we have had income management in place for some time—in...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 56 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 3 comments on this Representative's speeches — above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Jenny Macklin speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 387 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)