This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Bills: Crimes Legislation Amendment (Unexplained Wealth and Other Measures) Bill 2014; Second Reading (25 Sep 2014)
“I rise to support the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Unexplained Wealth and Other Measures) Bill 2014. The bill implements a key coalition election commitment. In the lead-up to the federal election last year, the coalition released its policy to tackle crime and keep our streets safe. The policy included a number of measures such as those contained in this bill, tougher penalties for people...”
- Bills: Customs Amendment (Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement Implementation) Bill 2014; Second Reading (24 Sep 2014)
“I rise to speak on the Customs Amendment (Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement Implementation) Bill 2014 and cognate bill. Exports are important to us because we are a country, particularly agriculturally, totally dependent on our ability to establish, maintain and develop trade relations with other countries. There is a lot of talk, justifiably I believe, about the power of supermarkets in...”
- Constituency Statements: Calare Electorate: Sport (22 Sep 2014)
“I proudly rise to speak about the sporting prowess of the electorate of Calare, particularly in this time of grand finals. I am keen on sport, particularly team sport, which is good for the young particularly. At the moment our competitions are drawing to a close. First the mighty Molong Magpies, from my own home town, pulled off an incredible come-from-behind win to snatch victory in the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 12 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 21 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever John Cobb speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 218 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)