This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (since 18 Sep 2013)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 18 Sep 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Iraq and Syria (22 Oct 2014)
“I thank the member for Bass for his question, and I note that he is a former serving officer of the Australian Defence Force and has a great interest in this matter. Over the weekend I visited Iraq and spent time in Baghdad specifically. I met with the President of Iraq, the Speaker of the Parliament, Prime Minister Abadi and Foreign Minister Jaafari. I was able to reach agreement on the...”
- Condolences: Whitlam, Hon. Edward Gough, AC, QC (21 Oct 2014)
“Edward Gough Whitlam looms large in our political history and in the national consciousness. While his Prime Ministership between 1972 and 1975 naturally features prominently in his political career, it is not often remembered that he was also the Minister for Foreign Affairs in the period 5 December 1972 until November 1973. He was a person of great passion and boundless energy. Regarded as...”
- Questions without Notice: National Security (2 Oct 2014)
“I thank the member for Bass for his question and I recognise his fine record of over 30 years service in our Defence Force. Honourable members: Hear, hear! Yesterday this parliament passed national security legislation containing targeted measures to improve the laws governing Australia's intelligence agencies, and this legislation is another vital measure in protecting Australia from the...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 7 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 482 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)