This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (since 18 Sep 2013)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 18 Sep 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Criminal Investigations (1 Oct 2014)
“I represent the Attorney General in the House. I thank the member for Kennedy for his question. It is clearly a matter of some concern to a constituent or someone known to him. I am not aware of the specific allegations, but I will certainly take the matter on notice. I will raise it with the Attorney-General and, indeed, with the Minister for Justice, who is responsible for the Australian...”
- Questions without Notice: Iraq and Syria (1 Oct 2014)
“I thank the member for Swan for this very important question. The actions of ISIL, or Daesh as it is also known, are unprecedented in their brutality. It is killing civilians indiscriminately, it is committing atrocities—executions, beheadings, rape, torture—and its unspeakable violence has highlighted the urgent need for a concerted international response. And under the strong...”
- Questions without Notice: Ebola Virus (1 Oct 2014)
“would you please let me finish—to Australia is dangerous. The ideal time is under 10 hours, so a flight time of 30 hours to evacuate back to Australia is logistically and clinically unsafe. Opposition members interjecting—”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 7 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 477 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)