This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Shadow Minister for Trade (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 3 Mar 2011)
Deputy Leader of the Opposition (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Minister for Trade (since 14 Sep 2010)
Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 16 Feb 2009)
Deputy Leader of the Opposition (since 6 Dec 2007)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — General election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Migration (18 Jun 2013)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. I remind the Prime Minister that her government has introduced a bill to require employers to study labour market research trends for six months and to gain expressions of support from public authorities before they can employ a 457 visa holder. Given that her communications director holds a 457 visa, what steps did she take to ensure that there was no...”
- Questions without Notice: Asylum Seekers (17 Jun 2013)
“My question is to the Prime Minister. I remind the Prime Minister that illegal arrivals by boat are now 1,000 times higher than in 2008, when the Rudd government abolished the policies of temporary protection visas, the Pacific solution and turning back boats where it was safe to do so. Does the Prime Minister now accept that Prime Minister Rudd's decision to abolish the Howard government's...”
- Questions without Notice: National Security (6 Jun 2013)
“My question is to the Attorney-General. Yesterday the Attorney defended the government's failure to safeguard Australia's national security because the convicted Egyptian jihadist terrorist had been in detention for the entire time that he had been here. Is residence behind this pool fence—in the photo I hold—his idea of satisfactory detention?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 5 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 39 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 426 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)