This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (since 18 Sep 2013)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 18 Sep 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: Ukraine Air Disaster (2 Sep 2014)
“I thank the member for Bowman for his question. I can report to the House that there has been significant progress in identifying the remains of those who were killed when Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine on 17 July. Among the innocent victims were 38 Australian citizens and residents. The Dutch government, which is leading the efforts to identify the remains,...”
- Questions without Notice: North Atlantic Treaty Organization (2 Sep 2014)
“I thank the member for Herbert for his question, and I recognise the interest of his electorate in defence and international security matters. Tomorrow, the defence minister and I will travel to Wales to attend the NATO summit, and I can confirm that Australia will be accepting a formal invitation to become what is called an enhanced partner at the NATO leaders' summit this week. This is a...”
- Questions without Notice: National Security (27 Aug 2014)
“As I said on Sky News about midday today, I did investigate. A letter was sent from the Kurdish representative in Canberra which was received by my office on 18 August. I was, in fact, in Singapore and because it did not come from an accredited diplomat or a nation-state it was sent to the lawyers to consider the status of the letter. I was not aware of the letter this morning, but I was...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 7 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 474 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)