This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (since 18 Sep 2013)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 18 Sep 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: National Security (30 Oct 2014)
“I thank the member for La Trobe for his question and note his experience and deep interest in counter-terrorism. In the fight against terrorism, being able to starve the terrorists and the terrorist organisations of logistics and funding is absolutely essential. Terrorists and terrorist groups cannot operate without logistical support or financial support. So cutting off the money supply...”
- Questions without Notice: National Security (29 Oct 2014)
“I thank the member for Mitchell for his question. I note his deep concern about this issue. It is vital that the Australian government work with communities across this country to counter the violent and extreme narrative of ISIL, or Daesh, as it is known in the Middle East. This terrorist organisation is seeking to exploit the young and, indeed, mostly vulnerable people, many who have a...”
- Questions without Notice: Iraq and Syria (28 Oct 2014)
“The fight against ISIL, or Daesh, must include challenging its ideology and rejecting its medieval view of the world, with its agenda of regional and global conquest. It is an ideology that aspires to place all of humanity under its yoke of brutal savage oppression so it must be renounced at every turn. The government is committed to working with our communities to combat radicalisation...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 7 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 489 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)