This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Curtin
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (since 18 Sep 2013)
Minister for Foreign Affairs (since 18 Sep 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 3 October 1998 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (4 Dec 2013)
“I thank the member for Leichhardt for his passionate advocacy for those living in his electorate, across Australia and in our region, particularly PNG, who are suffering from these debilitating diseases. The Australian government joins with successive governments in investing heavily in the care, prevention and cure of these debilitating diseases. Over a decade, in relation to HIV-AIDS alone,...”
- Questions without Notice: Herbert Electorate: Defence (3 Dec 2013)
“I thank the member for Herbert for his question. I recognise the role that he plays in supporting his local defence community and for the strong advocacy that he demonstrates in pursuing their interests. I congratulate him for that work. First, I would like to acknowledge the role that Queensland and Townsville play in defence planning and in supporting our alliance with the United States....”
- Questions without Notice: Typhoon Haiyan (2 Dec 2013)
“I thank the member for Mitchell for his question, asking this on behalf of his electorate and the Filipino community in his electorate. The destruction and devastation caused by Typhoon Haiyan on 8 and 9 November in the Philippines has been immense. About 13 million people are estimated to be affected. About four million people are estimated to be displaced from their homes. The death toll is...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 5 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Ms Julie Bishop speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 434 times in debates — well above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)