This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Isaacs
- Deputy Manager of Opposition Business (House) (since 18 Oct 2013)
Shadow Minister for the Arts (since 18 Oct 2013)
Shadow Attorney General (since 18 Oct 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — Federal election
- Email me whenever Mark Dreyfus speaks (no more than once per day)
- Questions without Notice: University Fees (4 Sep 2014)
“Madam Speaker, I rise on a point of order. The question was about doubling university fees and threatening to cut university budgets.”
- Adjournment: Legal Assistance Services (1 Sep 2014)
“Over the last year, I have spoken often about the importance of legal assistance services in ensuring access to justice. It is well recognised that the Attorney-General has a special responsibility to uphold the rule of law. Sir Anthony Mason has said that it is 'a responsibility of the first importance' and a responsibility an Attorney-General is obliged to uphold, even against his own...”
- Bills: Australian Renewable Energy Agency (Repeal) Bill 2014; Second Reading (1 Sep 2014)
“The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (Repeal) Bill 2014 is another shameful part of the government's attack on the renewable energy industry and on the renewable energy policies of the former Labor government. ARENA, which is the subject of this bill, the Australian Renewable Energy Agency, was established by the former Labor government in 2012. It was established as an independent agency,...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 95 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 30 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Mark Dreyfus speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 328 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)