This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Representative for Fremantle
- Parliamentary Secretary for Mental Health, Homelessness and Social Housing (since 4 Feb 2013)
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 November 2007 — General election
- Email me whenever Melissa Parke speaks (no more than once per day)
- Constituency Statements: King, Mrs Norma, OAM (14 Mar 2013)
“I rise today to acknowledge and congratulate Mrs Norma King of South Fremantle in my electorate on being awarded the Medal of the Order of the Australia, OAM, this past Australia Day for services to the community as an historian. Born in Kalgoorlie in 1922, Norma married a miner, Mr Rob King, at the age of 17. She and Rob raised nine children—and also, sadly, lost a child—while...”
- Adjournment: Independent Office of Animal Welfare (11 Feb 2013)
“I want to take this opportunity to speak about the proposed Independent Office of Animal Welfare. Last November, caucus acted on the 2011 National ALP Conference platform commitment to establish this much-needed oversight body and I am pleased to say that work on the model for the office is well advanced. Australians care about animals, farmers care for their livestock, families care for...”
- Constituency Statements: Fremantle Electorate: Child Care (11 Feb 2013)
“The week before last, I had the pleasure of visiting Smileys Child Care centre, in White Gum Valley, with my colleague and friend the Minister for School Education, Early Childhood and Youth, the Hon. Peter Garrett, to congratulate the centre and its staff on winning the 2012 Australian Child Care Week Award for providing the best program involving families. This accolade gives well-deserved...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 21–22 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 21 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Melissa Parke speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 256 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)