This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Former Australian Labor Party Representative for Hotham
- Left House of Representatives on 5 August 2013 — retired
- Entered House of Representatives on 24 March 1990 — Federal election
- Statements on Indulgence: Yunupingu, Dr M (17 Jun 2013)
“I too rise to pay my respects and tribute to Mr Yunupingu, who has passed away. It is a pleasure to follow my friend and colleague the member for Mr Yunupingu and his family live. He has not only represented the seat but understood the culture, the issues, the causes and the fights that he has just so eloquently spoken of. It, too, is a mighty reflection of the achievements, but it is...”
- Condolences: Hawke, Mrs Hazel, AO (30 May 2013)
“I rise to join in this condolence motion for a great Australian, which was moved in the House by the Prime Minister and seconded by the Leader of the Opposition. Of course, I refer to the sad passing last Thursday of Hazel Hawke. Hazel died of complications from Alzheimer's following a stroke. At the time there was a collective expression of grief around the country, that this greatly admired...”
- Bills: Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment Bill 2013; Second Reading (21 Mar 2013)
“What about New England?”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 20 debates in the last year — well below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 33 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 266 times in debates — average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)