This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Liberal Party Representative for Casey
- Deputy Chairman, Coalition Policy Development Committee (since 3 Mar 2011)
Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Tax Reform (since 3 Mar 2011)
Deputy Chairman , Coalition Policy Development Committee (since 14 Sep 2010)
Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Tax Reform (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Entered House of Representatives on 10 November 2001 — General election
- Email me whenever Tony Smith speaks (no more than once per day)
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (15 May 2013)
“This matter of public importance on the budget, on the day after the budget, now follows a new pattern in the House of Representatives. We have a Treasurer who will not front for the MPI. We have a Treasurer who will not front to the parliament and will not front to defend his budget. This is a curious thing. As I was watching the Assistant Treasurer front for the Treasurer, who does not...”
- Adjournment: Gillard Government (20 Mar 2013)
“It has been said that adversity does not build a person's character but instead reveals it. The same holds true for political parties and the governments that they form. Today we observe a government beset by self-inflicted wounds and self-induced fiascos. It is a government whose wake is littered with the rotting debris of its political blunders and policy bungles. It is a government whose...”
- Bills: Insurance Contracts Amendment Bill 2013; Second Reading (19 Mar 2013)
“It is my pleasure to speak on the Insurance Contracts Amendment Bill 2013 on behalf the shadow Treasurer and member for North Sydney. The coalition is supporting this bill, which seeks to implement recommendations made by the coalition government's 2004 review into the Insurance Contracts Act 1984. The bill had its origins in recommendations made to the Howard government review of 2003-04 of...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 69 debates in the last year — above average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 0 comments on this Representative's speeches — below average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Tony Smith speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 287 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)