This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Senator for Victoria
- Manager of Government Business in the Senate (since 5 Mar 2012)
Parliamentary Secretary for School Education and Workplace Relations (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Became a Senator on 3 May 1995
- Email me whenever Jacinta Collins speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2013; Third Reading (15 May 2013)
“I move: That this bill be now read a third time.”
- Bills: Referendum (Machinery Provisions) Amendment Bill 2013; In Committee (15 May 2013)
“I can indicate, as we did in the debate in the other place, that we will be opposing this amendment, and I am in the hands of senators as to whether we should seek to report progress or move to vote on the amendment. The CHAIRMAN: As no-one else wishes to speak, I will put the amendment. The amendment is that schedule 1, items (1) to (3), of the bill stand as printed. The Committee divided....”
- Business: Rearrangement (15 May 2013)
“by leave—I move: That consideration of government documents be postponed and that government business continue until 7.10pm. Question agreed to.”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 193 debates in the last year — well above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 1 comment on this Senator's speeches — average amongst Senators.
- 10 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Jacinta Collins speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 268 times in debates — average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)