This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Australian Labor Party Senator for NSW
- Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs (since 25 Mar 2013)
Parliamentary Secretary for Pacific Island Affairs (since 25 Mar 2013)
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2011 — General election
- Email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks (no more than once per day)
- Bills: National Disability Insurance Scheme Bill 2013; Second Reading (19 Mar 2013)
“I speak in support of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Bill 2013. At the outset I would like to congratulate and thank all who have worked over many years and decades to make this bill and this scheme a reality. We are lucky in some respects that those who have worked to make this happen know a little bit about what overcoming adversity and succeeding against the odds is all about. I...”
- Adjournment: Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (14 Mar 2013)
“I wish to address the Senate about Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. One may be forgiven for thinking that this was an ailment that, if contracted, would put one in the dentist's chair, but in fact Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, or CMT, is one of the most commonly inherited neurological disorders. Conservative figures have CMT affecting one in every 2,500 people, and it is generally understood to be...”
- Committees: Treaties Committee; Report (13 Mar 2013)
“I present the 132nd report of the Joint Standing Committee on Treaties, Treaties tabled on 18 September and 30 October 2012, and move: That the Senate take note of the report. Three of the treaties examined in this report deal with Australia's relationship with international financial institutions: the African Development Bank; the African Development Fund; and the International Monetary...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — average amongst Senators.
- People have made 0 comments on this Senator's speeches — below average amongst Senators.
- 5 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Matt Thistlethwaite speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 116 times in debates — below average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)