This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Statements on Indulgence: Iraq (4 Sep 2014)
“Firstly, I want to express my condolences to the families and friends of the many people who have been killed in cold blood in recent months by members of the Islamic State, with their killers revelling in their cowardly, sickening and medieval brutality. Secondly, I want to agree with and endorse the comments made by Gareth Evans concerning Iraq. He writes: THE current Western military...”
- Committees: Joint Standing Committee on Treaties; Report (4 Sep 2014)
“by leave—I thank the chair for his kind remarks and endorse his comments about the work of the secretariat concerning this treaty agreement. There is no doubt that globalisation has changed the face of the world. But has it changed the world for the better? This is much less clear. A report earlier this year by Oxfam found that the richest 85 people in the world own as much wealth as...”
- Adjournment: Australian Mammal Extinction (3 Sep 2014)
“Australian mammal fauna is the most distinctive in the world, and 86 per cent of our land mammal species are found nowhere else. The most comprehensive assessment of the conservation status of Australian mammals is the Action plan for Australian mammals 2012, and it makes for some very troubling. This landmark CSIRO-published study found that mammal extinctions were 40 per cent higher than...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 55 debates in the last year — average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 7 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 30 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Kelvin Thomson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 349 times in debates — above average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)