This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Adjournment: Bangladesh: Industrial Accidents (15 May 2013)
“For nearly 30 years the Bhopal Union Carbide tragedy was the worst industrial accident. Unfortunately, on 24 April, the Rana Plaza collapse in Dhaka, Bangladesh, claiming 1,127 lives, took that record off Bhopal. We are talking about an event that is not strange and not unusual in Bangladesh. In fact 1,800 factory workers in the garment industry have died over the last year. The garment...”
- Bills: Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment Bill 2013; Second Reading (21 Mar 2013)
“I rise to support the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment Bill 2013. As someone who recognises the importance of the coal seam gas industry to Australia, I say that we need to continue to demonstrate that Australia employs world's best practice regulatory standards. The proposed amendment to the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Act 1999 will ensure that the...”
- Adjournment: Werriwa Electorate: Beautiful Minds (19 Mar 2013)
“I am pleased tonight to speak about a locally based group in my electorate, Beautiful Minds, formed in 2004 with its name deriving from a 2001 movie starring Russell Crowe. The president, Sandra McDonald, became involved in this area when her son Shane developed a mental illness 10 years ago, at the age of 20. This initiated her drive to do something in our area. The group is primarily about...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — below average amongst Representatives.
- People have made 5 comments on this Representative's speeches — well above average amongst Representatives.
- This Representative's speeches are understandable to an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 21 people are tracking whenever this Representative speaks — email me whenever Laurie Ferguson speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 188 times in debates — below average amongst Representatives. (Why is this here?)