This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- National Party Senator for Queensland
- Leader of The Nationals in the Senate (since 14 Sep 2010)
Shadow Minister for Regional Development, Local Government and Water (since 14 Sep 2010)
- Became a Senator on 1 July 2005 — General election
- Email me whenever Barnaby Joyce speaks (no more than once per day)
- Matters of Public Importance: Budget (15 May 2013)
“What can we say about a government which has got things so far wrong over so many years? What is the consistent message? The only consistent message you can take away is that it is consistently wrong. We are in excess of $60 billion away from where it was predicted we would be four years ago, at the start of this budget estimates period. Remember the backslapping, the hugging in the chamber...”
- Questions without Notice: Malaysia (15 May 2013)
- Questions without Notice: Budget (15 May 2013)
“Mr President, I have a point of order on relevance. Senator Conroy interjecting— You wouldn't know what that was about, would you? The question clearly asked when they planned to increase the limit above $300 billion. You cannot be clearer than that, Mr President. She either knows the answer or she does not. If she does not, that is fair enough—she can just sit down and call...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 75 debates in the last year — above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 5 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 96 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Barnaby Joyce speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 694 times in debates — well above average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)