This data was produced by OpenAustralia from a variety of sources.
- Motions: Sporting Club Funding (21 Mar 2013)
“I move: That the Senate— (a) notes: (i) that local sporting clubs bring significant social and health benefits to communities, and (ii) with concern, the South Australian Government's proposal to reduce funding for local sporting clubs by $3.5 million through cuts to the Community Recreation and Sports Facilities Program; and (b) calls on the South Australian Premier to reverse his...”
- Motions: Snowy Scientific Committee (20 Mar 2013)
“I move: That the Senate— (a) notes: (i) with concern, the New South Wales Government's intention to abolish the Independent Snowy Scientific Committee established under section 57 of the Snowy Hydro Corporatisation Act 1997 (NSW), and (ii) That the Independent Snowy Scientific Committee was established with the purpose of maintaining political and scientific independence in conducting...”
- Motions: Tibet (20 Mar 2013)
“I move: That the Senate notes the Australian Government's efforts to urge Chinese authorities to: (a) address the underlying causes of tension in Tibetan regions; (b) end the use of harsh policies, such as increased surveillance and violent crack downs, which have only exacerbated the security situation in Tibetan areas; (c) lift restrictions on access to Tibetan regions, including for...”
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, Senators may do other things not currently covered by this site. (More about this)
- Has spoken in 74 debates in the last year — above average amongst Senators.
- People have made 6 comments on this Senator's speeches — well above average amongst Senators.
- 62 people are tracking whenever this Senator speaks — email me whenever Sarah Hanson-Young speaks.
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 251 times in debates — average amongst Senators. (Why is this here?)